Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ten Low Cost Ways to Kick Cabin Fever

I wasn’t sure why I felt so out of sorts, but when my husband said, “Let’s go snowshoeing,” it dawned on me that I was spending too much time inside working.

We gathered up our gear and headed outside. As we sweated our way through the snow, I began to feel refreshed and ready to think of other ways of getting out of the house. Here are ten that came to mind.
  1. Call a friend to go for a walk or snowshoe. Go where it is safe from ice and snow – maybe at a school track, the Mall, a beach, or a public park or land trust.
  2.  Go to the library and browse through the magazines you never get to see.
  3.  Visit a museum. Most museums have a time that is free to the public.
  4.   Join a book club.
  5.   Take time to write down your goals – things you want to do or see in the coming year, or five years.  Forget what the costs are, and dream. Remember the song? "You have to have a dream to have it come true." Keep in mind that you can change the plans.
  6.   Then research a trip or trips that you want to take in the summer.
  7.   Finish a project that you have been meaning to complete.
  8.   Start a new project that you have always wanted to do.
  9.   Write a letter to a friend or family member who may be confined to indoors.
  10.   Volunteer at a community event.
As we returned to the car with our snowshoes, collar open and gloves off, I thought, "I don't need a Maine
Woman using microwave hand warmers to keep warm in winter
Maine Warmers' Microwave Hand Warmers
Warmer
to keep me warm." In the evening I would need one to relax the stiff muscles.

For those who cannot be active, there are Hand Warmers and FootWarmers to help stimulate circulation and keep them warm. 

No comments: