Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Dealing with Chronic Back Pain

Pain makes us appreciate life more when we are pain-free. Any pain is the "worst pain" whether it is a toothache, a headache, a hang-nail, or something else. Pain can be our best friend, when it stops us from taking action that causes more damage. As our worst enemy, it becomes an anchor, dragging along with us everywhere, and keeping us from the things we like to do most.

Because Maine Warmers' microwave heating pad are used as a home remedy for pain, I often receive phone calls from people who experience chronic pain. When I met Andrea Bowen, the creator of an audio CD, The Art of Living with Chronic Pain, I never dreamed I would soon have a personal need for her materials. After a back spasm that left me with terrible back pain, I listened to her CD. It helped me confront and deal with a nagging pain, that like a cranky child, had hold of my leg and would not let go.
Woman using Maine Warmers microwave Back Warmer to relax stiff back muscles
Traditional Microwave Back Warmer
Andrea's CD on living with pain does not offer a cure, but provides awareness and help in dealing with chronic pain. I was lucky that back surgery has given me the freedom of living normally again with a few minor adjustments in lifestyle. 
I am also pleased to say that my trusty Maine Warmer microwave heating pad for the back brought soothing comfort during the journey to recovery. After surgery, I kept it in the freezer for gentle cold therapy to help reduce swelling. It was soft and gentle -- not harsh like ice cubes -- and made icing more pleasurable than not.

If you know of someone who is living with pain, or is recovering from back surgery, the gift a fun extra large Whale Back Warmer may be just the thing to bring relief and a smile.
Man using extra large microwave Whale Back Warmer to relieve back pain
Extra Large Microwave Heating Pad for the Back

No comments: