Friday, July 19, 2013

Physicians offer better communication than medical web sites

Online diagnoses are not the real deal, although web sites, such as the Mayo Clinic, offer a lot of facts and information to help one find the right questions to ask. Your physician is your best bet. Asking reputable people for physician recommendations is also a must – especially when it comes to surgery.

If I had just looked on web sites for medical information about surgery for a bulging disk I would never have been able to decide whether or not that was a serious option for me. Talking with an orthopedic surgeon directly and hearing from the person who would do the surgery about exactly what it entailed, helped me to make the decision to have the procedure that finally eased the pain in my hip and leg. It turned out to be a 45 minute day-surgery with a two week recuperation period. Actually it was longer than two weeks recuperation, but from the moment I came out of the recovery room, I felt cured.

extra large microwave heating pad
Maine Warmers' microwave heating pad and gentle ice pack for the back
All the Maine Warmers in the world couldn’t help what I had, but now that the surgery is over, I can enjoy the gentle coolness of a frozen back warmer to help reduce the swelling. Maine Warmers microwave heating pads make great ice packs because they are not harsh like ice cubes.

Maine Ice helps reduce swelling on the face an other sensitive areas. For those who have had prostate surgery and need a soft ice pack, check out Maine Ice -- it's not just for the face.

Check out their Comforting Creatures for a fun way to feel better.

No comments: