Friday, September 11, 2015

Moderation and Living Well

At the Portland, Maine Farmers' Market last Saturday I overheard one farmer say to another, "I have learned that moderation is key to living well." He paused then said, "But I don't like to live that way." When I laughed out loud, he turned and grinned and explained how he liked to eat and drink more than he probably should.

I think we can all relate. In summer, we travel, eat out more, have house guests and leftovers when the visitors are gone, and go out for ice-cream. It all adds up to extra pounds and maybe feeling a bit bloated or uncomfortable. 

The good news is that farmers' markets flourish with healthy veggies and fruits this time of
year, encouraging us to get back on track -- at least until the holidays. 

Remember to use a Maine Warmer to help you relax instead of reaching for some goodies to make you feel better.

No comments: