Sunday, September 08, 2013

Vitamin K for better health

I just read that appropriate levels of vitamin K may help keep arthritis at bay -- an important fact for us Boomers who are approaching the end of middle age. Kale is a great source of vitamin K -- how coincidental! Check out Arthritis Today, Sept-Oct. 2013, p 19 in an article by Catherine Winters for more information about the benefits of kale and how it may prevent some types of arthritis.

I like Kale in soups and stews but don't think I would like it cooked by itself. Somewhere I read that massaging green veggies like cabbage, collards, and kale brings out the sweetness in them that would otherwise be locked in and makes them taste better.

I will have to put Kale on top of the to do list and will try to come up with a recipe for Maine Warmers' Snippets recipe blog. Maine Warmers sells microwave moist heating pads that help ease arthritis pain and help with flexibility.
Back Warmer

No comments: